Tuesday, February 1, 2011

CQ - Seashell and Blog Spotlight



CQ and I have a rocky history. I've found their formulas to be hit-or-miss, and when they miss boy do they miss. Seashell falls somewhere between "fabulous" and "meh". It took 5 (yes, 5) coats to reach semi-opacity (there is still some VNL), which I suppose is the not unheard of with colors like this, but unless a polish is made of rainbows and sunshine I'm not going to apply more than 3 coats. I don't have the time nor the patience.



While the formula wasn't anything amazing, the color worked pretty well for my skin tone. I haven't bought a nude polish since the lobster-hands fiasco of '98. I was surprised to see that Seashell actually looks half-way decent on me. I'd like to find a nude that both works on me and has a nice formula, though.



I have seen a lot of other nail bloggers spotlighting new blogs, and I really like the idea. If any of you have a nail or beauty blog and would like for me to feature it in a future spotlight post, email the link to dancingphalangesblog @ gmail.com with the subject "Blog Spotlight".

I told you guys yesterday about my sister-in-law's new nail blog. It's called Felix Phalanx (which basically means "Happy Finger"). I've known Colleen for about 8 years now. She's ridiculously smart and attentive, and I'm sure her blog is really going to be something special. I hope you guys all take a minute to head over to Felix Phalanx. Once Colleen starts posting regularly, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. That color does look really nice on you ... but five coats is no good. Maybe they intended it for French manis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. It's extremely streaky until you hit coat 4, so even for French it would be a bit ridiculous. Luckily it only cost me $.50 on clearance. I think this brand is heading out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out, bb! I'm getting ready to go photograph for my first nail post right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color on you but "meh" is right on the 5 coats. I lose interest after 3 coats tops. LOL

    ReplyDelete