Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My first attempt at nail art!

I have never done nail art in my life. Ever. I thought it might be fun to try, so I did. I suppose I did an alright job. I used a regular thin paint brush for the snowflake. This is also my first time doing an accent nail.

Black: Wet N Wild 424A
Silver: L.A. Colors Live



My cuticles are still disgusting and the light box is still being tweaked. All of my nails could really use a good filing but they're too short to try right now.







The black works in ONE COAT (but I used two for photos and applied the second way too thick). This polish was recommended to me and I'm so glad I picked it up. The silver is a really pretty silver foil which would probably work well for stamping, but it gets a lot of bald spots when used in a normal fashion and requires a lot of coats because of it.

I know I apologize for bad photos a lot lately, but the lighting inconsistencies in these...ugh. I could probably fix a lot of them if I had/knew how to use Photo Shop, but I don't (to both). I have a crappy photo editing program that doesn't do a whole lot of anything besides resizing. I drew a weird dark line around a finger in one of these because the lights blew the photo out all weird, but that's as fancy as I get. It's pretty pathetic, since I used to be a professional photographer. I really need a better camera and a better photo editing program. Maybe from Santa?

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool for your first nailart! I think the snowflake is so cute with the accent nail! You should do more nailart in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THIS mani is festive without being tacky. Wonderful! I think you're lying when you say that's your first attempt at nail art! *wink* You seem like a natural at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the nail art. I would never guess it was your first attempt. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, very classy and you did an excellent job for a first timer.

    ReplyDelete