Monday, November 15, 2010

CQ - Mystique

I have 8 CQ polishes. They're cheap and available at WalMart, so I went a little overboard. I'm hoping the experience I've had with Mystique won't be repeated with my other polishes from this brand.


With flash on a crappy, cloudy day.


In the bottle this shade is a pretty pink with gold shimmer. On the nail it looks like a totally different polish. It's some sort of mauve/pink/purple color. The formula is streaky, thick, and goopy. It needed three coats to be opaque, but dragged with every coat after the first. I applied coats as thinly as I could, but it still looks like a clumpy mess.


In natural light on the same crappy, cloudy day! My camera sucks and doesn't like to focus without flash on days like this.


I can only hope that not all CQ polishes will be such a let down. I would not recommend Mystique, unless you're into really boring colors and nightmarish formulas.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's horrible.
    I only have one CQ, and I'm so super grateful that it's not that one.

    I hope the others are better!

    ReplyDelete